Not only are we celebrating the Independence of our nation,we need to celebrate the new independence you now have from the “old” you. You can enjoy the 4th of July on Ideal Protein!
You are now able to make strong food choices and do what’s best for you and your body, health and mind you are free from your old ways of thinking about food and now use it as fuel for your body to become the best version of you that you can be!
With the 4th of July coming up this week we have many tips to help you keep on track!
4th of July BBQ tips:
- Make a plan before you go so you know what you are walking into. Will Aunt Edna be making her famous Cherry Pie? Will your mother-in-law be making her gre
at potato salad? Figure out what your temptations are going to be so that you have a plan before you arrive.
- If you know you are going to want the pie or the potato salad you need to prepare a safe alternative ahead of time. Try making an IP Pudding cake or some cauliflower “potato” salad.
- Be in charge of the veggie try. Is your gathering the type where the only counted vegetable is that potato salad? Make sure you bring a great spread with all of your approved vegetables. Try a Walden Farms Ranch or Blue Cheese dip too, we promise they wont know the difference.
- A BBQ is a great way to eat while on Phase one. Bring some chicken or have a burger, hold the bun. Wrap it in lettuce and add some raw onions, mustard, tomato, pickles and some Wal
en Farms mayo or ketchup if you like.
- Barbeque up your favorite vegetable too, this is a great way to get in your 4 cups for the day. After the burger and the vegetables you will be so satisfied you wont even miss the pie!
- Want S’more tips?
- How can you let the 4th of July go by without some s’mores? Great news, we have an Ideal Protein friendly option for you! See the recipe below!
Chocolate Wafer S’more
Makes: 1 Serving
1 Ideal Protein Triple Chocolate Wafer
1 tsp Walden Farms Marshmallow dip
1 bonfire (or microwave will do)
Take your two Ideal Protein Triple Chocolate wafers and smear on the Walden Farms marshmallow dip. Set by the side of the bonfire to warm & enjoy!
Every holiday can be enjoyed on the plan, please enjoy your 4th of July on Ideal Protein!
Did you love this BLOG? If so please let us know over on Google! Thank you!