Most people are dehydrated, according to some studies upwards of 75% of Americans aren’t getting enough. It’s the easiest thing to do, grab a glass and drink away. But we just aren’t doing it. The easiest trick to losing weight is simple!
You know the drill, you’ve heard it before…you need to DRINK MORE WATER!
Did you know you need ½ your body weight in ounces of water per day? For a person weighing 150lbs that’s 75oz. That’s about 11oz more per day than the recommended amount of eight 8oz glasses we have all heard time and time again. And don’t forget about the caffeine, for every ounce of coffee or caffeinated beverage you consume you need to replace it with water. Caffeine will dehydrate you and the water will re-hydrate you!
You know you need they water and that it is important but do you know why you need to drink all of that H2O? Here are the top weight loss benefits of water and our favorite tips to getting it down daily.
- Water=Weight loss! If you are trying to lose weight then you need your water. It helps hydrate every cell in the body and gets things moving. Including your metabolism! If your body is dehydrated your metabolism is dehydrated.
- Drinking more water helps your bowls stay flowing. No one likes being constipated. Ensuring you are staying hydrated you increase your chances of not getting backed up, thus having better weight loss success.
- Water is filling. Drinking all of the water you require in a day will help fill up your belly and allows less room for those unnecessary calories. Before each meal drink a full glass of water. If you do this before your four meals each day on Ideal Protein you will have easily consumed 32oz! That’s a great start in getting all of the water in your day. This trick will also help digest the food you eat at the meals.
You know you need to drink more water and all of those reasons cemented the need even further but you still can’t seem to do it. Well, here are some great tips to get the water in!
TIPS TO DRINK MORE:
- Set a timer. Either on your computer if you are at your desk all day, on your smart phone or with a simple egg timer will do. Every hour set it to alert you and go drink a quick 8oz glass. If you do this 12 hours straight you will have consumed 96oz that day! Easy-Peasy lemon squeezy!
- Speaking of lemon squeezy, add some lemon or cucumbers or other items to infuse your water. This will change up the flavor and it’s a no/low sugar way to add some goodness to your gulp! This is a natural detoxifier and will also help with the weight loss.
- Make it a game. Set up the amount of water you need that day. Either in a bunch of glasses or a few large water bottles. Get your spouse, friend or co-worker in on the game and whoever finishes their set water for that day gets a point, if you both finish you both get a point. At the end of the week the person with more points takes the other out for drinks (water of course) or another special treat like a fun new water bottle. If done correctly you should both finish each day and tie!
Now that you know how important your water habit is what tricks will you implement to get more water into your day? Leave us a comment below and let us know!
Did you love this BLOG? If so please let us know over on Google! Thank you!